Monday, February 18, 2008

Sweater Bags

Hi! It's Shella. This is very exciting! Okay, Misty and Chani told Angie about these bags at a kids' boutique that were made out of sweaters, and I went with Angie to see them. I thought they were cute and would be easy to make, so I decided that that's what I would do for my friends for Christmas. They're way easy. Well, most of the project is easy. You just sew across the chest of the sweater-or wherever you have to sew to make it the right length, and sew down the side to make it the right width. The green sweater was big enough to make two bags out of. You can use the scraps from anywhere else on the sweater to make the handle. The handle was always the hardest part for me-especially if it was either really thick or really stretchy. Use your imagination to decorate it with fun colors, shapes, pockets, or whatever else you can think of. Here's how you can do it if you don't want to deal with handles. So simple!

1 comment:

Meridy said...

Yay!!!! Someone posted besides me!!!!!!! ;)

Love these bags Shella! I'm going to show this picture to my friend Clair! I think she would love this idea and I haven't told her about it yet. Thanks for posting it.